You may have noticed a new wave of subscription-based digital marketing agencies popping up left, right and center. And with good reason too! Small business owners are looking for affordable, results-driven marketing help that isn’t going to break the bank.
So, what is a subscription-based digital marketing agency? In short, it’s an agency that offers pay-as-you-go monthly or yearly packages, which means you only pay for the services you need, when you need them.
Sounds too good to be true? Let’s explore the pros and cons of working with a subscription-based digital marketing agency:
The Pros of Working with a Subscription-Based Agency
- You Only Pay for What You Need: As a small business owner, you wear many hats and are often pulled in different directions. The last thing you need is another bill to add to the pile. With a subscription-based agency, you only pay for the services you need, when you need them. This could be anything from social media management to email marketing and website design.
- Monthly or Yearly Packages: Most subscription-based agencies offer monthly or yearly packages, which means you can cancel at any time. This provides peace of mind that you’re not locked into a long-term contract like you would be with traditional agencies.
- Flat Fee Packages: With traditional agencies, you’re usually charged an hourly rate for each service. This can quickly add up and become very expensive! With subscription-based models, most agencies charge a flat fee per month or per year, which makes budgeting much easier.
- They’re Agile: Traditional agencies can often be slow to respond to your needs due to their large team structures and bureaucracy. Subscription-based agencies are usually much smaller and more agile, meaning they can quickly turn around projects without any fuss.
- They’re Results Driven: Because subscription-based agencies only get paid if you’re happy with the results, they’re much more focused on driving results than their traditional counterparts.
- You Have Access to Expertise on Demand: As a small business owner, you might not have the internal expertise to handle everything from social media to copywriting and website design. A subscription-based agency gives you access to experts in all areas of digital marketing on demand.
- They’re More Affordable: Because you only pay for what you need and there’s no costly hourly rate, subscription-based agencies are more affordable than traditional ones!
- They Offer Flexibility: Most subscription-based agencies offer month-to-month or yearly packages which means there’s no long term commitment required from you as the client! This provides peace of mind and flexibility should your needs change down the track.
The Cons of Working with a Subscription Based Agency
- You Might Not Need All the Services Offered: As a small business owner, you might not need all of the services offered by a subscription-based agency such as social media management, email marketing and website design. Make sure to do your research before signing up so that you only pay for what you need!
2 .They Might Not Be Able to Scale Up Quickly Enough: If your business suddenly takes off and your needs change rapidly, a subscription-based agency might not be able to scale up quickly enough to meet your demands. In this case, it might be better to go with a traditional agency that can quickly adapt to your changing needs .
Overall, working with a subscription – based digital marketing agency has its pros and cons . However , if you’re looking for an affordable , flexible solution that is results – driven , then a subscription – based agency might be the right fit for your business ! Do your research before signing up so that you know exactly what services you’ll be getting for your money .