Thanks to PPC advertising, you can reach your target audience more effectively and boost business.
Digital advertising can be an extremely effective way to bring targeted traffic to your website. When done correctly, digital ads can reach a broad and relevant demographic and generate high-quality leads that convert into customers.
A pay-per-click campaign is an effective marketing strategy for businesses of all sizes. This approach involves advertising products and services on other websites (specifically search engines) by building ads with targeted keywords. The most popular platforms for PPC campaigns include Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter.
How exactly does PPC work?
Unlike many other marketing models, with PPC, you only pay the specified amount to the search engine when someone clicks on your ad. This amount depends on how much you bid for the keyword or phrase – the higher your bid, the more likely your ad will appear in search results.
Run a PPC campaign with Google Ads and gain access to the world’s top advertising platform.
To begin increasing the number of your product/service appearances in search results, focus on creating the following:
- Relevant PPC keyword lists
- Optimized landing pages with engaging content and a clear call-to-action
- High-impact and attention-grabbing ad designs to increase clicks
After this, you’ll want to regularly analyze to performance of your campaign and make adjustments accordingly. You may want to consider some or all of the following steps:
- To improve campaign relevancy and reduce wasted spend, add non-converting terms as negative keywords.
- Divide into smaller and more relevant ad groups to improve click-through rate (CTR).
- Monitor inefficient keywords and shut them off if necessary.
- Convert landing pages to different search queries to increase conversion rates.
Google Ads: Search vs. Display
Google Search ads appear for people searching for your product or services, while Google Display ads are paid placements that appear based on specific demographic parameters. Google Display ads are much wider-reaching than Search ads since they aren’t limited to SERPs; however, both types of ads are important to the success of your business.
Some reasons you might choose to use Google Search ads include:
- Attracting and capturing high-quality leads
- Getting in front of a local audience
- Promoting emergency products
- Adding to existing organic traffic
Some reasons you might want to consider Google Display ads include:
- Your product/service is more visual (Display ads can use images and video)
- Generating interest among those with passive intent
- Reaching niche audiences
Take advantage of more Google services:
An effective ad campaign can help you reach an audience interested in what your company has to offer and turn them into loyal customers.
- Performance Max campaigns allow you to optimize performance across channels and in real-time using Smart Bidding.
- A Video action campaign can help you drive more conversions on and off YouTube. It can improve campaign performance by reaching new customers and scaling them efficiently. Run ads on mobile, desktop, and TV with a single campaign.
- Build a Business Profile to help customers find you on Maps and Search.
How to grow your online store traffic and sales
- Make sure that your campaign is effectively targeting people located near your store. You can do this by including location targeting within your campaign settings.
- Assure that your ads are visually appealing and relevant to your target audience. Use high-quality images and target keywords that are relevant to your business.
- Always test and track the results of your campaigns so you can finetune them for maximum performance.
- Use Smart Bidding to increase the number of target customers that your ad reaches and maximize total sales.
Microsoft Advertising (Previously Known as Bing Ads)
Microsoft Advertising serves ads on Bing, AOL, MSN, and Yahoo networks.
Microsoft Advertising offers a similar interface to Google, but there are some key differences and benefits that you should be aware of:
- While Google and Bing are both search engines, they may not provide the same search volume for keywords. Bing’s keyword research and suggestion tool can give you more accurate search volumes for your keywords.
- Microsoft may be less competitive than Google in the ad space, but businesses can bid on more competitive keywords without spending as much of their budget.
- Research suggests that Bing could work better for small- to medium-sized businesses.
- When you use Microsoft campaigns, your content gets shared across all of the above-mentioned platforms. Google Search ads are limited to Google SERPs.
Overall, both Google and Microsoft ads have their merits. While Google may be the king of PPC, don’t underestimate the power of the Microsoft platform when it comes to your ads. Those who choose to create PPC campaigns through Microsoft Ads can reach more than 14.5 billion monthly PC users.
And don’t forget about social media platforms!
A PPC campaign is an excellent way to increase engagement with your customers on social media platforms. In the last two decades, social media ad placements have been one of the most effective ways to boost brand awareness and conversions.
- Facebook Ads Manager
This huge umbrella company helps promote brand presence and target specific audiences across its 2.9 billion monthly users and the more than 3.6 billion combined users of Facebook, Instagram, and Whatsapp.
Here are some tips for running a successful ad campaign on a Facebook platform:
- Target your ads to specific groups of people to ensure that your message gets seen by those most interested in your brand.
- Consider the overall goal of your ad campaigns. What do you hope to achieve with them? Are you looking to increase brand awareness, generate leads, or drive sales?
- Set a budget for each day, week, or month.
- Messenger Ads: A potential customer can connect with your business through messages on their phone or PC.
- Stories: Story ads are best for time-sensitive promotions.
Twitter: The Interactive Network
A Twitter PPC campaign is an excellent choice for businesses of all sizes and backgrounds. With the ability to target specific demographics, this platform offers advertisers unparalleled precision when it comes time to make their sales pitch.
This social network also offers different formats to connect with audiences, including:
- Twitter Single Image ads that feature one image below a block of text.
- Twitter Video ads (we recommend using videos 15 seconds or shorter)
- Live or streaming videos.
- Carousel ads.
- Follower ads designed to attract more followers: Your image is promoted, and interested users can then follow your account by clicking on a blue ‘Follow’ CTA.
Today, countless PPC tools exist to help you generate leads and convert them into paying customers.
Not sure where to start? Hit up the MBC Group Client Portal and submit your campaign requests today!